Long-time lurker, first-time poster. Haven't finalized my reservation yet, but probably will tonight or tomorrow.
Has anybody out there looked into putting in a second electric meter to take advantage of PG&E's E-9B rate? I talked to somebody at PG&E about this a couple days ago, and the process sounds daunting, to say the least (and the PG&E person wasn't particularly friendly or helpful). Is it worth it? What kind of cost, time expenditure, and hassle would I be looking at? How do I get started figuring this out for my situation?
I'm in a two-year-old single-family house in downtown San Jose, and it sort of looks like there's room in the electrical box for a second meter and main panel, but I'm not sure. If so, this might make it less painful than if I were living in an older house.
Somebody on another thread mentioned that PG&E may be introducing the EV rates as soon as March; the advantage to getting a second meter seems to be a lot less with this rate schedule, and I won't see my car until the end of March anyway, so maybe that answers my question. Does anybody know anything about when the EV rates replace the E-9 rates, or how close they are to deciding?
I read Hills' comments about doing this over on the "Where did the other 19% go?" thread, and they were very helpful, but disturbing. Anyone else out there have info they'd be willing to share?
Please Login to Comment