Although it is highly unlikely I will ever own a MS (I did buy some shares though!), I have Tesla psychosis and read the forum topics daily!
Awesome car and I already consider my ice-age car bizarre..........
The fiendish activity recently on the forum re the new pricing/Tesla 'attitude'/sales experience made me wonder how well Tesla has addressed the concerns that have routinely been raised on the forums. Obviously Tesla will want to increase prices till demand and supply match - there is no real direct comparison with any other car so pricing is, to a large extent, 'arbitrary'.
But Tesla need to stay aware that the overall car experience has to be excellent to keep everyone happy. How many of the recurring issues with the Model S during its first year of production have been adequately resolved in the latest cars?
Over the months the main topics seemed to be:-
1) Unsatisfactory purchase experience with conflicting/inadequate info
2) Incomplete pre-delivery checks with faults not flagged up
3) Poor paintwork or damage on delivery
4) Pano roof issues - operation and noise
5) Door/window seal problems resulting in noise
6) Software/hardware glitches
7) Road noise - (has insulation been improved?)
8) Variable motor/transmission noise/whine
9) Water ingress (during washing - common?)
10)Unpredictable delivery dates
11)'Missing' high-end/luxury features - cameras; parking sensors; tramlines in rear view screen; etc
12)Below 'expected' seating comfort ("Too firm" - have the seats been altered since introduction?)
Most of the other comments are picky or subjective but these directly relate to build quality (any others?) and are initially excusable as Tesla start and then ramp up production but will harm the image of the marque if they are not quickly addressed.
Have earlier cars with these issues been sorted by Tesla to the owners' satisfaction by now?
We all want Tesla to succeed and produce not only an awesome, but an awesomely perfect car!
Please Login to Comment