I'm planning on ordering a Model S next week and just need answers to a few more questions.
1. I just read the consumer reports article, which says winter range is about 180 miles and summer range is about 225 miles. EPA puts range up to 265 miles. Are these numbers with or without using energy savings mode (turning off all unnecessary electronics)? In other words, am I still going to get 225 - 265 miles in the summer with the air conditioning on and the music blasting?
2. If I'm stuck in stop-and-go traffic is the battery going to deplete while I'm sitting there or does it deplete based on distance travelled?
3. The Tesla website says you get 265 miles out of the battery if you drive at 55 miles/hour. I drive at about 80 miles/hour. What will that do to my expected range?
4. When Tesla comes out with a battery that has more range than the current 85kWh will we be able to swap our 85kWh for the new ones or will you need to buy a new car?
5. I'm assuming Tesla will eventually come out with sensors for lane departure warning, smart cruise control and backing up. Will we be able to install these on our cars or will we need to buy new cars?
Please Login to Comment