I am a reservation holder for both S and X. I live in Belgium, Europe. We are allowed to drive 120km/h (75 miles/h) on the highway, 70 km/h (43 m/h) on "normal" roads and slower in city centers.
I have carefully explored the Tesla websites of all continents/languages over and over again. I digged through the forums and have seen every movie there is to see on youtube about model S/X. I consider myself in the "Tesla-zone".
Still I wonder if there are things I overlooked.
So I ask every acquaintance with a critical mind : Convince me to terminate my reservations. Give me a good reason why I shouldn't buy the tesla model S nor the X.
In the beginning most people are skeptical. All the usual arguments emerge. Most of them are not relevant.
There are some arguments that make sense and are already know to us Tesla believers.
1. The range of 480km(300miles) will be sufficient in 95% of the cases. What will you do in the other 5% ?
2. The battery is not ever lasting. Let's say a minimum of 8 years or 100.000 miles. When it breaks down you have to buy a new one (expensive ?). The older your car gets, the less money you get for it.
3. The range of 480km(300miles) is on everage speed of 88km/h (55 m/h). How will it be affected when driving faster. (Germany has no limit on the autobahn, so reload every 200 km/125 miles ?)
4. In Europe we can charge on a 3-phase charger. This will still take 4-6 hours. What if, for any stupid reason, you need to recharge during the day? (If Murfy is around, this will be in the morning when you need your car)
5. The quick charger of 45 minutes uses 70 amps, which are not (yet) available in Belgium. How will you handdle that?
How do you see these arguments ? Do you have other related arguments of your own? (Emotional arguments on style, color, tast, comfort, etc. don't count)
I am still in the zone, but trying to bring down the euphoria by reasonable arguments.
Maybe the disadvantage of being served later with the model S (end of the year, beginning next year) becomes an advantage. We are obliged to wait and see the reviews of the US users.
Please Login to Comment