Join The Community

Third Quarter 2012 Financial Results Q&A Conference Call on Monday, November 5, 2012 UPDATE: 5:00 a.m. PST / 8:00 a.m. EST

Tesla Motors Announces Date for Third Quarter 2012 Financial Results

Tesla Motors Revises Time for Third Quarter 2012 Financial Results

What are your most burning questions that you hope will be answered in this call?

Any speculation as to new/surprising/spectacular revelations coming forward?

I suspect focus will be on the ramp up, as it should be...

I'm curious to hear more specifics on supplier delays. So far they haven't shared much detail on that.

If they intend to continue working with the supplier in question, they will certainly not share any details publicly. Maybe at some point there will be a leak and we will read about it on GreenCarReports or similar news. In the meantime, I think Tesla isn't keen on spoiling their relationship with the suppliers they depend on -- even though they "don't have their shit together" (Elon).

Good point, Volker.

Wonder if they'll have a list of items/options affected by supplier problems. Don't need to know who, but knowing what is holding things up would be nice to know.

Also curious to know what/how much feedback they've been getting from the initial deliveries.

I would like to hear about progress on Canadian certification.

Or pending issues for European delivery, for that matter...

It's gonna be brutal since they have extra delays on top of what they've announced before.
Hopefully they don't change the forecast too much.
On another note Cypress have just announced that they are the supplier for the 17" display with true touch technology in tesla S.
This kind of PR announcement usually means a buyer (Tesla) got a better price for the components by letting the supplier use their name.

The only words I want to hear are "Cash Flow Positive". Once you hear that then all that needs to happen is for them to control their costs moving forward and quarter profitablity is within reach.

Notwithstanding the delays, confirmations are proceeding faster than the last "worst case scenario" suggested. With almost-finished cars piling up awaiting the (flood-delayed?) parts, etc. If the logjam(s) can be cleared, the ramp may get a fast bump.

Volker, I always appreciate your posts, knowledge, and information shared. I will mark November 5th on the calendar.

@rtesla they're not gonna be cash flow positive until next month, so that won't be in their Q3 report except as a forecast.

would like to know status of 60kWh and 40kWh production.


Those would only be forecasts as well, if discussed at all.

Given the latest developments, I expect that Europe will definitely be mentioned in the conference call, even if only with some general announcement of test drive availability or similar:

Production, production, production. I just reserved my Model S (I wire transferred the deposit today), and understanding how long I will wait based on the production ramp will be nice.

Love to know more about what the supplier delays are and how they are impacting the first round of production cars (non-sig) and how they intend to mitigate those delays (e.g. different suppliers, etc.)...

The time has been changed, 'due to the proximity of the election.'

8 a.m. EST, 5 a.m. PST

Brian H, thank for the heads-up. I updated the OP accordingly.

Here is a BizBlog article with some more comments:

For us Central Europeans, that's 1 p.m. the same day. Finally a public Tesla conference call that does not take place while Europe is deep asleep... :-)

Volker, are you planning to make a call ? :-)

steven.maes, I have adopted the habit to listen into these calls online. What else did you expect? ;-) These are the few and far in between occasions when you can get some actual data and some latest between-the-lines grapevine directly from Tesla management. Love it!

Volker, I listen to them as well, but not online due to "in a deep sleep" :-)
I have always wondered if you could have a chance to call as a reservation holder. Most of the calls I have heared so far where from companies like financial institutions, etc.
Now that the conference will take place in the after noon, I was wondering if any European would take his/her chance to make a call...

I wonder how the results of Hurricane Sandy and the flooding of NYC, and Wall Street, in particular, will affect the timing. As information is trickling in, it sounds pretty horrific.

Correct me if I am wrong but won't it be 2pm for central europe as USA daylight saving ends on the 4th November ?

Am I missing something? Complete silence regarding this so-called Q&A session. While the east coast is certainly having issues, Northern California is just fine. Has it been cancelled, postponed, or what? The silence is killing me.

There should be no impact on the 11/5 conference call … the market will open 10/31 as per normal.

Yep, this is 2pm Central European time or 1pm UK time.

Thank you for the update re: European time! Sorry for the false info.