Since there have been a few posts about disappointing service experiences, I'd like to report one that I think is more typical. I took my S85 into the Watertown, MA service center last week for a few minor issues:
1. A minor interior finish issue
2. The driver-side mirror occasionally wouldn't return to the normal position after shifting from reverse to drive
3. I was getting an occasional TPMS dashboard warning
4. I was hearing a speed-related whine from the rear; a recent noise that seemed to be getting louder with time
5. I was hearing a popping or cracking noise in the steering column
I scheduled the appointment with the eternally cheerful and helpful Kaitlyn (a recent hire, and a star!). During the scheduling call she checked my service record and said they would replace the 12-volt battery while they had the car -- no problem with the battery, but she said they had some issues with some batteries, so as a precaution they'd install a new one.
So I dropped off the car and drove away in a white P85 loaner. It was really nice to compare the P85 with my non-P version (I'm not sorry I didn't go for the P). Later that day Kaitlyn called to say that the whine probably was coming from the drive inverter and they had decided to replace the entire unit. However they didn't have the unit in stock, so would overnight it from the factory if I didn't mind keeping the loaner for another day. Needless to say, that was not a problem for me.
The next day I had an early evening meeting, so called Kaitlyn to ask how late I could pick up the car -- she said she would be working late. I picked up the car around 8:30 pm -- she was still there, along with a technician or two. The car had been detailed and was spotless.
So here are the services that were performed, in addition to repairing everything I had reported:
- Installed new 12-volt battery
- Replaced Front Bumper Carrier Bolts, Cleaned Corrosion (service bulletin)
- Installed Reinforcement Clips on LH and RH Rear Window Regulators (service bulletin)
- Applied Loctite on C-Pillar Brightwork on Both Sides, Cleaned Area (service bulletin -- some creaking had been reported)
- Opened A-pillar bright molding and applied double sided tape to top and bottom of molding
strip to prevent wind noise. (service bulletin)
- Made changes to correct potential Panoramic Roof creak (service bulletin)
- Rotated tires
I was kept informed throughout the service process.
While some may say this experience was the exception, I'd like to think it's the norm. This was not my first experience with this service center, and all have been exceptional.
Kudos to the whole team, and especially to Kaitlyn as the professional face of the organization.
Please Login to Comment