We just received an email from George Blankenship with some new information:
1. Deliveries for North America begin in mid-2012
2. First 1000 cars will be North American Model S Signature Series with 300 mile range battery.
3. After the Model S Signature Series deliveries for NA they will continue with the 300 mile batteries, followed by the 230 and 160 options later in 2012.
4. Delivery of European left-hand drive to begin in late 2012. In mid 2013 they plan to begin delivering right-hand drive for Europe and Asia. Each launch will begin with a limited edition Signature Series.
5. Expect to produce 5,000 units in 2012 and ramp up to 20,000 units per single shift in 2013.
6. Price of the US base Model S with 160 mile battery is $49,900 AFTER the $7,500 Federal Tax Credit. The 230 mile range battery is expected to price at about $10,000 more and the 300 mile battery option at about $20,000 more than base.
7. Still working on final pricing and options, including the Signature Series. Expect to have updates on Worldwide pricing this summer.
That about covers the news.
Please Login to Comment