Just got my MS (purchased in Mar - 2500 mi) back from service in Costa Mesa. Took it in due to the following issues:
1) Had 2 instances of the car not moving in reverse until the accelerator was pressed and then there was a physical and audible "clunk". They said it was due to the firmware not releasing the parking break and did an upgrade to address it.
2) B-pillar wear. See this thread: http://www.teslamotors.com/forum/forums/quality-upholstery-leather
Parts were supposed to be delivered for my service appointment but they didn't make it. Will have to take it in again.
3) Subtle whine at high accel (above 200 kw). They did not detect a problem. I guess it's normal.
4) Had the A/C cutout on me during a trip. Found out this was because I was in "extended range" mode. I figured that since I wanted all my charging to be on ER mode, I would just leave it for the duration. But, the ER mode cuts the A/C output. Good to know.
5) Radio sound varies by location. A fairly minor annoyance. Sound goes kind of "echo-y" at certain locations. They could not reproduce the problem.
Overall, a fairly good experience. They addressed the more serious issues and returned the car with new floor mats. One significant disappointment... no MS loaner. It turns out they only have 5 loaners at CM and it's first come, first served. With 10+ cars being serviced when I was there, they odds are less then 50% of getting one. They took me to Enterprise where I got to choose between a Volkswagen bug and a Kia Forte! Not acceptable alternatives in my eyes. If they can't provide an MS loaner, it should at least but a close equivalent. I'm still extremely happy with my MS and a big fan of the company but this should be fixed.
Please Login to Comment